Who We Are
Zion is a congregation of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod in Southeast Wisconsin, located directly between Milwaukee and Madison about 8 miles north of Watertown. We are on Dodge Cty. Hwy. J about .6 mile east of Hwy. 26. We are located on the intersection of Hwy. J and Main St. in Clyman.
We were formed in 1897 as a local congregation with a Lutheran school. In 1953, we built a new school building to the west of the church and parsonage. In the early 1980s, our school closed, but our mission continued. In 1997, we celebrated our centennial. In 2002, we demolished the school building with the hope of rebuilding. In 2009, we made a commitment to building an addition and developing our mission for the 21st century.
Zion wishes to give all glory to Christ while aiming to be a leader in small town/small congregation missions for our area.
We warmly invite you to come and visit us. We strive to be faithful to the Scriptures as God's holy Word. We confess Jesus as the Son of God and the only way to salvation. We rejoice in God's gifts of forgiveness and life in the Word, Baptism, and the Lord's Supper, and we are striving to be a model for other small town small congregaions to follow.